Skip to main content

Water Cooler Wednesday: What kind of food truck would you open?

Here’s the weekly get to know you question! (PS if you wanna chat in here between Wednesdays, please go for it haha)

If you could open up any type of food truck. What would it be??? (Logistics aren’t a factor - so if you wanted a food truck filled with lobsters where customers could select a lobster and then you make them into a delicious lobster roll then that’s cool!)

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

I’m a sucker for loaded fries. I would make the world’s best loaded fries where the fries weren’t soggy, the portions were extra large, and the flavors hit just right.

Here’s my game plan:

• I’d only have a couple of offerings. The base would be fries, cheese, meat, and a couple of sauces.
  • I’d do different levels of cheese. Cheese, Cheesier, Cheesiest
  • Depending on the cheese level, I melt a block of cheese onto the fries.
  • I melt the cheese with a sweet torch (gotta make it memorable!
  • Finally, the cheese is lactose-free haha

What inspired this was when I went to Eskimo Joes in Stillwater, OK. I dream about them at least 2x a month haha

Badge

To-go Ramen Cups

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am an avid pizza fan.  I make homemade pizza on a regular basis.  I have made most styles and read a few books on the subject.  So pizza is what I would do.  A lobster roll truck/sandwich truck would be second.

Badge

There’s a place in Phoenix that became one of my favorite lunch spots, called Chino Bandido. It’s a fusion of Chinese, Mexican, and Caribbean. There needs to be a food truck with this type of food as it’s hard to beat a carnitas quesadilla with jade red chicken, Cuban black beans, and jerk chicken fried rice. 🤤

Userlevel 2
Badge

Vietnamese food - 100%

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I”m always a fan of a good poke bowl! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I love weird fusions, so maybe Korean tacos? 😁

Or a cereal food truck where you can combine any combination of cereals, choose your own milk, etc. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Appetizers.  You know all those foods that you munch on when you go to a party that you never make for yourself:  hot cheese dip, meatballs, queso, guacamole, brownies, cheesecake bites, jalepeno poppers, charcuterie, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@alex.nelson that sounds heavenly. I’ll have to mosey on over to Phoenix (not just to escape this darn Utah snow haha)

@chloehandelman - I can see you driving a food truck with a cauldron of pho in the back haha!

@Davi1700 poke 🤤. That’d do super well in the summer because it’s fresh and not too heavy (like loaded fries lol) 

@JakeMesser I know where we’re going to lunch in may. I love Korean fusion food with my whole heart. The real question about your cereal idea, would you include all milks (almond, oat, lactose-free, and exotic milks like camel milk or quinoa milk?)

Userlevel 7
Badge

@sharonruiz I’d hire you for every major game day! That’d be so awesome to have an Appetizer Truck! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Grilled cheese food truck. All different types of bread different fillers different cheese 🤤

Badge

I’m a sucker for a quick smoothie, especially on the run or when I’m not too hungry so probably a smoothie truck.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@dana_slapfive have you ever had a pesto grilled cheese sandwich? I think if we had more of those we’d have more world peace lol. I love that combo so much❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Veeam_Onboarding_Guy brilliant! What kind of smoothie do you lean towards? I know I’m a sucker for chocolate/peanut butter post work out, but on a regular summer day I can’t get enough of any type of sour smoothie (think electric lemonade) 🤤