What did you want to be when you grew up?

• 27 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

**Bonus points if you say “client onboarding professional!” 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

🍕I always wanted to be a pizza delivery man 🏃‍♂️

I remember one Thanksgiving, I was about 10 years old, we got all our cousins, uncles, and aunties together and ate pizza for dinner.

It was from a pizza joint in LA called Big Mama’s & Papa’s Pizzeria. We ordered 3 Big Papa pizzas (36” PIZZAS) to feed my extended and immediate family. I remember how we were all excited to see these massive pies in real life!

Finally, after what felt like 7 hours, our doorbell rang. Everyone cheered because we knew that doorbell was a sign that good things were to come. My cousins and I rushed to the front door and swung it wide open. There they were. The two Big Papas. They made the pizza man look so small. We couldn’t stop smiling from ear to ear. I wish I could find a picture of me with those mega pizzas. I know there was at least 3 disposable cameras out when I posed with the pies. 

Long story short- that became a core memory to me and I couldn’t imagine how amazing it would be to drive around all day, delivering big pizzas, and seeing the happiness people felt when you delivered them their pizza. 

To me, a pizza delivery man isn’t just delivering pizza in a box. They are delivering happiness.

Userlevel 3
Badge

When I was younger, I always wanted to be the most “business person to ever business.” Reflecting back, I don’t think I actually had a real plan of anything I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to a) connect with people, b) probably sell some things c) travel...a lot. Now I think maybe be an international lawyer might be up my alley, but when I was little all I remember thinking was the word “business” not having a clue what that meant!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Saas Industry Expert! A lot like the Oscar winning documentary - The Elephant Whispers, where loving parents bring up baby elephants to become Strong & Big who can survive anything!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A Nun.  But that never happened…. Watch The Flying Nun on television and that influenced me until I met boys…. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge

@bnpguidecx you made me LOL out loud haha