Skip to main content

Curious how others are handling project attachments as Compass View becomes the new standard for customer interaction with the platform. 

We’ve been in Guide full time for about 8 months and have 4 primary project templates. Our project templates make heavy use of Task Groups, and each task group has tasks with attachments included.

Two headaches come from this workflow:

• If a task group is copied 10x, you get 10 copies of all attachments in overall project
  • if master document is updated, all templates and active projects must be updated manually

I know that switching to Compass View keeps the customer from accessing the overall Attachments tab, which means documents must be accessible directly from the task itself. 

I am wanting to move to Sharepoint to provide links to documents within the task itself to avoid attachment frenzy and manual update process -- have you tried this, any other workflows i haven’t considered?

Hi Casey, thanks for the question, and for sharing the problems that you’re coming across with Compass. 

Good news….attachments at a project level with be available inside of Compass, hopefully by end of August. This will allow your customers to access all project/milestone/task level attachments in one place. They’ll still be able to access them at the task level, but will also see them at the project level.

Attached is a sneak peak of what’s coming!