Question

How to refresh the Task Screen that I am on?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When I am on my task screen, and I refresh the page, the task list goes to my default task view.

What is the proper way to refresh the task screen, with the filters that I’m using at that moment?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks for posting this great question, @bnpguidecx

If I’m understanding correctly, you look at your tasks but then when you navigate away (or refresh your screen) it jumps back to your default?

What I recommend doing is:

1. Save your view as a Filter
  2. Set that view as “default” (Fill in the circle by the drop down of your saved filters)
  3. Now whenever you refresh the page it will default to whatever you’ve selected!

Here’s a video of me explaining this way better: https://guidecx.zoom.us/rec/share/0qyM90Ve9qYRB6jQHNi3jx5cxZvNwZkGnPnn-HBKkjzUDQZBUs9_sHJ68bfcF9Xb.mB3aGbFeAHIqLnBL

Let me know if that did the trick!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks, but I have a default filter on my tasks. 

In your example above, if you are on the “tasks to work on” and you mark a task “done”, does the screen automatically refresh to remove it from that “tasks to work on” view/list? if it does not, then what is the method to refresh “tasks to work on” (what is the designed method), I realize that I can select that task again, although, I am already looking at it / viewing it. If I refresh the entire screen, my default filter will be displayed. I can always, just navigate back to the “tasks to work on” view/list, but I was just asking - how is this suppose to work? does the screen suppose to automatically update once, I update the status on a task, that is no longer to be displayed in that specific task filtered view/list.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks for the clarification! The screen doesn’t auto-refresh to my knowledge 

The next time the page loads the task that doesn’t match the criteria WILL NOT appear.

To see an updated task list:

I like to employ the keyboard shortcut:

“cmd+R” or “ctrl+R”

to refresh the page without having to navigate away.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I definitely will try the short cuts provided above. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Did my suggestion do the trick for you @bnpguidecx?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I did a ctrl + r, and it did not work.  Do I need to put cap locs on, in order to do ctrl + R ?

Userlevel 7
Badge

If you’re on a windows you can also try F5

If you’re on a mac you’ll need to press cmd+R

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

No go. Well at least it was worth the try. Nothing worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Darn it. What about the refresh button by the address bar? (Where the URL is)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That is what I use, and it refresh the entire page back to the default filter view.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Even when your default view is set to a specific view?

I just tried this in my own instance and couldn’t replicate. Maybe it’s worth trying to clear your cache and cookies if you haven’t already

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I don’t want my default view to show when I refresh my screen. I want the view that I am looking at, using at that moment to be refresh and stay on the view.