Skip to main content
Solved

Emailing A Task's Link to the Team

• 29 August 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

When sending an email to the team about a specific GuideCX task, I always include the task's link in the body of the email, so they have quick access to re-read the task's specifics.

To get the link, I'm opening the task and copy/paste the URL that the browser is showing at the top bar.

The resulting link is something like this:

https://app.guidecx.com/app/tasks?project-id=410338a2-d261-4ad4-aced-38e66bc&edit-task=true&task-id=7c733a8f-57c4-4aab-a760-0982380bb&milestone-id=22544bcf-c118-4b5e-a922-290c86e9a412&task-type=regular

I don't very much like the link I'm sending. We are also using Jira (for other purposes) and the Jira links look much better, like https://tylerjira.ourcompany.com/browse/ATI-2234 

Sorry if the question is silly. Is there a better way to send the task's link, that I'm not aware of?

Hi @flevyhara 

There are no silly questions!  This is what the community is for - sharing knowledge on how we use GuideCX.

There may be reasons that you can’t use this method - but I have found that utilizing the Notes of the task instead of emailing outside of GuideCX will be your better method.

When you are in a task, on the Notes tab - type up your email on what you need to say.  At the beginning you need to decide whether this an internal note, or a Public note that will be seen by customers.

You can use @ mention - to mention specific team members to make sure they are notified.  You also could use @internal - to notify the entire internal team.  Here is an example of a note.

Here is what it looks like when a user is notified via email about the new note

So - you can see - at the bottom - a user can utilize the View Notes button to go to the task in Guide CX.  It will take them to the Notes tab - but they could easily switch to the details tab.

Let me know if you have questions about  this.

Here is a Knowledge Base article on this Task Notes

** You have to be a GuideCX Admin on your account to do this**

If you want to verify that your internal team members have email notifications turned on - you can go to your Settings and choose Users

Open a user and on the User Details sidebar go to the Notifications tab. 

To be honest - it’s not completely clear to me if the person assigned the task will always get a notification if a note is placed on the task - regardless of their notification settings.  Hopefully someone from GuideCX can jump in and clarify.

Thank You guys for your help!!

Confirmed. The task assignee will be notified when notes are posted to that task. Another way to be sure is to @mention them.