Things I wish I knew: Cameras that are turned off are a turn off.

• 29 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

I used to follow the customer’s lead whenever I hopped on a virtual call. Do I turn my camera on or off??? Ahhh my hair looks crazy and my eye bags have bags! I used to worry a lot of how I’d be perceived, but over time I realized that the benefits to showing my face on camera will always trump the cons.

Keeping your camera on during customer onboarding calls can offer several benefits that contribute to a positive and effective onboarding experience. Here are my top two reasons to consider:

1. Build Trust and Rapport: Visual communication allows for a more personal connection. By having your camera on, you can establish a stronger sense of trust and rapport with the customer. Seeing a friendly face can make the interaction feel more genuine and build a foundation for a productive and collaborative relationship. It also helps the customer put a face to the name and role, making the interaction more memorable.

2. Non-Verbal Communication: A significant portion of communication is non-verbal, including facial expressions, body language, and gestures. By keeping your camera on, you can effectively convey your enthusiasm, attentiveness, and professionalism through these non-verbal cues. This can lead to better understanding and engagement on the part of the customer, reducing the chances of miscommunication.

While these reasons highlight the benefits of keeping your camera on during customer onboarding calls, it's important to remember that some individual preferences and circumstances can vary. So with that I always say start with the camera on (especially during the chit chat) and then go from there!

Do you turn your camera on for customer meetings?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!