Skip to main content

Nothing throws an onboarding project’s momentum off like losing your main point of contact. While the reasons are endless for them leaving, I’d love to hear what tips and tricks you’ve learned to navigating this situation!

I would be interested in this too.

Welcome to the Onboarding Network @Danbhalah! We just filmed the livestream for this topic! Check it out here: 

I was joined by @JustaCSM @Mark Mitchell and @Davi1700! If you ever want to catch one of these shows live, you can tune in anytime. Just check out our events page to see what’s happening in the ON!

https://onboardingnetwork.guidecx.com/events

Find a new champion if at all possible. Look at who was working/invested in the project and try to get them to be the new champion. This can be difficult if those who are invested don’t have final approval authority. You can also loop sales back in (sometimes very difficult) to resell the new decision-maker.

Look at who was working/invested in the project and try to get them to be the new champion. This can be difficult if those who are invested don’t have final approval authority.

This has been our Step 1 in every case where this happens. The real gut punch is, our projects can be up to 12-18 months for large clients, and we’ve had champions depart just before the Go-Live date. As much as it kills metrics and momentum, hitting Pause and level-setting expectations is the winner move in that instance. We have what we call an Executive Alignment call and get client “ultimate decision maker”, the proposed new champion, and our PM/leadership on a call to talk about where we are at and determine if we need to take a step back before continuing to the finish line. Our platform will be the primary tool for the end user’s day to day work as construction estimators, and you only get one chance to make a first impression. Luckily it’s rare that late in the game - but the same conversation comes in handy no matter where they are in the journey.