Skip to main content
Solved

Recipe access to Participants in Participant Task?

• 11 June 2024
  • 4 replies

In our templates, we have some participant tasks that are essentially “complete this training course”. 

These courses are now housed in our company’s LMS where the learning management team wants to assign learners to the courses. I would love to be able to integrate where the courses could be assigned to the learners via API calls to the LMS, but I cannot see where information about participants in a task is accessible in Recipe Builder or via the API docs.

Is participant info (e.g. email address) something that’s able to be accessed/acted upon within a recipe?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Chris! Thanks for the post. Currently participant data is not available via the API/recipes. Let’s connect you with our product team to get more on the details of the use case here and see what we can do to either find a different path to the goal end destination or explore enhancement ideas with our product team. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Congrats on getting trainings housed in an LMS! That’s always a game-changer!

What I recommend doing is:

1. GET the project data (look for the customer team members you’ve added)
  2. Then you can use that data to:
  3. Hit the enrollment endpoint on the LMS side (Most LMS’s have this)

That way you can automatically enroll customers into their respective trainings. 

From there the LMS should allow for a welcome email that sends out and prompts the user to complete their assigned training.

Does that help?

If you’re looking to action on a participant task (i.e. automatically add participants to a training task), that’s not possible as far as I know (participant and event tasks aren’t actionable via API as it stands today)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Chris! Thanks for the post. Currently participant data is not available via the API/recipes. Let’s connect you with our product team to get more on the details of the use case here and see what we can do to either find a different path to the goal end destination or explore enhancement ideas with our product team. 

Thanks! We have a meeting with our CSM tomorrow so I can talk to him then about it. This confirms what I wasn’t able to find in the docs, so it’s helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge

What I recommend doing is:

1. GET the project data (look for the customer team members you’ve added)
  2. Then you can use that data to:
  3. Hit the enrollment endpoint on the LMS side (Most LMS’s have this)

Thanks Elan! This is actually really useful but in our case not every training is applicable to every customer team member. With the addition of roles we may be able to make some assumptions and tweak things, this is more fodder for the approaches that I am considering to be able to do it in light of the first reply. I do like the approach of thinking the other way - what can the system do that can get us to the result we need. And also a reminder that data can come from other sources - those participants will be customer team members even if we can’t see participants directly. Thank you.