Skip to main content

You should always have at least 2-4 key contacts on the customer’s team. It’s a massive risk if you only have one point of contact (what if they go on vacation, what if they leave the company, etc). You definitely never want to have all your eggs in one basket. The more you do that the bigger risk you run of having to start over.

Whenever I do an onboarding I always request that sales provides 3 points of contact from the customer. One is the executive sponsor (person who signed the contract), the app owner (person who I will work the most with), and a power user/champion (an end user that will champion the adoption of the product).

If you have those three invited, your chance of completing your onboarding on time goes up significantly.

100%

And if you can get more than 3 POCs from the customer, try to make numbers 4, 5, etc. additional end users of the solution (vs. additional leaders with no day-to-day use case in the solution). The more hands-on champions you have invested in the new solution when it goes live, the better.

You’re speaking my language @THOMPSONITE! I totally agree. That’s the conundrum of onboarding. Someone buys it, gives it to someone else to implement. Then that person implements it for someone else to use. Talk about the telephone game!