Skip to main content

Pro-Tip Tuesday: Build Trust Through Preparation

• 12 April 2023
  • 1 reply

When you’re conducting a kickoff call with customers, make sure you’re prepared! Gather intel from the sales experience about what they are looking to get out of your product or service (desired outcomes). That way, you can confirm what you know rather than asking them to start over with someone new. This will do wonders for building trust, and maintaining momentum throughout the customer journey.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge

This reminds me of that old saying “People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.” The time you put into preparing for each client meeting is going to shine through and the customers will feel like “Oh this is a real partnership, I’m glad I signed up with them instead of the other guys who would’ve treated me like a number” (Hello confirmation bias 😉). Onboard people, not products! 

I love those call outs you made, @Mark Mitchell, about gathering intel from the sales experience. That is money. There’s nothing worse than telling the sales team what your pain point is and then having to start from square 1 once you sign!