How do you use Project Tags?

Userlevel 7
Badge

The best GUIDEs are organized.

Thankfully with GUIDEcx, there's more ways to stay organized. Today I want to share a tip that helped me know within seconds who needed my attention and who didn't need as much handholding.

Back in my early onboarding days I had a weekly meeting with my CEO to discuss three things:

1. Which customers were at risk,

2. Why they were not progressing quickly, and

3. Which ones were healthy.

I always dreaded this meeting because it took too long to prepare for it.

I wish I had GUIDEcx at the time because of the Project Tag feature.

When I learned that I could tag projects as "🐌" for "Slow Moving" it became a game changer.

With GUIDEcx, I can tag and filter between truly healthy customers and customers who were just slow moving and not at risk.

Other ways I've seen tags get used is to identify what kind of service package was purchased. Not only does it help the onboarder immediately know what kind of service the customer is expecting, but it also helps with reporting and filtering!

GUIDEchallenge #5 is to tag all your projects.

Project Tags are the name of the game for organizing your projects! We’ve seen some pretty creative ones, what ways do you use project tags?

At GUIDEcx we use them in a lot of different ways - one of our favorites is using project tags to identify what kind of service package was purchased! Not only does it help us know right off the bat the kind of service they are expecting so we can meet their expectations, but it helps us with reporting and also filtering! 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

@KimberleyFrancis has fantastic pro-tips shared here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

@willpatterson could you share your brilliance here?

Userlevel 3

We love tags! And I agree, they’re an amazing way of organizing projects.  We use them in lots of fun ways, like:

When projects are created, we’ll have a recipe tag them with:

• The Plan the customer purchased
  • What type of Data Migration we’re performing
  • Any add-on services

Our Onboarding team can also manually add things like:

• If the Project is At-Risk
  • If the customer is unresponsive

In both of those cases, my customer success platform has playbooks in place that will add tasks for other teams (like our AE or CSM) and queue up emails to be sent automatically.

This has been great for our onboarding team because they know that there is action that happens behind the scenes when they tag a project a certain way.  No more having to chase folks down via Slack and we’re able to hold other folks who aren’t in GuideCX accountable. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@willpatterson So specifically where is the onboarding team manually placing the project tag for example, #CustomerUnResponsive, and once this tag is manually placed, then can a project view be created to find all projects with this tag associated on it?

There are a limited number of paid licenses (Admin, Manager, and Guide) and unlimited free licenses (Task Owner, Contributor, and Observer). The majority of our work-a-bees who would use/need this type of tagging are in the free license category. I read that only paid license can create project tags. So that will be a hinderance to our organization.

Userlevel 3

@bnpguidecx my PM’s are adding them at the project level. My PM Leads have their own saved filters that can show them projects that fall into that cohort.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great article @emaynez and awesome insights @willpatterson 😀
2 quick tips from me:
1. Remember that Project Tags and Task Tags are GLOBAL.  Define once and you’ve defined for all.
2. Click on the eyeball in the tag far right hand side to mark it as ‘hidden’.  This will lock that tag’s visibility to internal users only, globally.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use Project Tags to help identify the responsible party for each task.  Since they are color-coded, it’s easy for me to know if the task is assigned to the “Customer”, “Internal”, “3rd Party”, etcetera.  It has been very helpful with various projects.

Userlevel 1

We use project tags as many have suggested: 

• To indicate different types of customers
  • To indicate if migrations/conversions are in play

My question is how do you get that little picture of the snail in your tag?  I mean, how cute is that? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @eduensing ,

I believe you can ‘right-click’ and you’ll see the menu option for emojis come up!
Please see if that works for you 😀
--Bob

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We’ve recently created each primary team member (5 employees), as a project tag.  Now that primary team member, can select that tag (their tag), on the projects view - and only view projects that they are assigned to.  This is a huge win for us. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Outstanding! And hopefully they know they can create a SAVED FILTER based on that tag setting, and even DEFAULT their Project Table view to their saved filter!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Bob, if they don’t know  - they will know as I’ll relay this information to them.