How do you use GUIDEcx to know what needs to get done?

• 26 January 2024
  • 3 replies
How do you use GUIDEcx to know what needs to get done?
Userlevel 7
Badge

Enhance your work by using GUIDEcx reports to identify what needs your attention.

Needs Attention will tell you if there are any unassigned tasks that need your attention.

Assignee Task Efficiency can serve as a personal scorecard that you check weekly to be the best you can be!

I’d love to hear your favorite way to use reports to ensure nothing slips through the cracks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Part of being a world-class guide requires you to become a juggling master.

Chances are you have dozens of projects, hundreds of tasks, and thousands of things on your plate.

It takes an insane amount of organization to ensure nothing falls.

However, what if I told you there was a tool in GUIDEcx that would give you the power to anticipate risk?

I reached out to several customers and asked them which report they find themselves going back to again and again.

5/7 interviewed customers said the: “Needs Attention” dashboard.

So I asked “why?”

The reason was simple, “the Needs Attention dashboard shows you red flags before they’re red.

Here are a couple of the most popular reports on that dashboard:

• Customer Tasks Assigned - This number should always be as close to 100% as possible. If you are below 100% that means there is a task out there that isn’t assigned to someone. We all know what happens when we’re waiting for no one to complete a task… that’s right. Nothing happens.
  • Internal Task Details - This report allows you to click on any overdue task and drill into it to update the status or leave a note.

How often should you check this report? Daily if you can. Weekly at the bare minimum. Let me know how often you check it!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

One of my favorite reports is the “assignee task efficiency” report and the “late task percentage” metric.

From a process improvement point of view - if a particular task is consistently late - that might mean we need to re-evaluate the dependencies needed to complete this task.  Maybe there needs to be more time added to this task. Maybe there needs to be another task added between the dependencies and this task. Maybe this task is greater than 1 person task and there needs to be another assignee on the task.  Detailed discussions can be held, when evaluating why 1 particular task is consistently late.

On the other hand, this report can be used to see if a particular assignee’s tasks are generally always late, then that would be a performance improvement discussion. Or it could be a discussion of skill or additional training needed. Or it could be additional assignees are needed.  Again, lots of discussions can be had using this specific report.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Great insights @bnpguidecx! I love your thoughts on using the data to identify which tasks are consistently late and why! (Elephant-sized tasks crammed into small time frames are the biggest culprits!)
Also I love your use case for identifying coaching opportunities with your team!