Skip to main content
Solved

How can you invite a team member to your project when they already have another GCX account?

• 24 August 2023
  • 6 replies

One of the challenges I am faced with is trying to add a team member who already has another GCX account.  When I try to add them to my project, GCX won’t allow me to do that because it says their email is already tied to another account.  I am in an organization that has several different products/departments tied into it and we all have different email domains but we all work together on various projects.  Therefore, I want to be able to add people from other departments to my projects in which we are collaborating.  The only way to do that now is to use a different email address for that person, but that sometimes requires an email address outside of the organization.    Do you have any suggestions to make things easier and allow those team members to be included as users in other GCX accounts/projects?

Thanks,

Janet Falls

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @JFalls thanks for sharing! Are you adding this user as a third party member or internal member?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I want to add them as an internal member because this particular project tasks are being assigned to internal team members only as various departments are responsible for the tasks.

Userlevel 7
Badge

You can definitely do that! I wonder if that user was in the org and then got deactivated. Can you check the deactivated user list and if you find them there you should be able to reactivate them! Here’s an article that walks you through that https://help.guidecx.com/en/articles/6539978-how-to-deactivate-reactivate-users

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Elan,

No they are not a deactivated user.  They are actually setup as an admin in another GCX account.  So when I try to add them as an internal team member for my project, which is a different GCX account, it won’t let me because their email address is already tied to their other GCX account.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Ok in that case I’d add them as a third-party team member since they already use GUIDEcx at another company! Here’s how you can do that! https://help.guidecx.com/en/articles/6539260-third-party-users

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Elan.  I believe that may work!  Appreciate the information and guidance.