GUIDEstory: How Boulevard Doubled Their Productivity Without Increasing Workload

• 7 February 2024
  • 0 replies
GUIDEstory: How Boulevard Doubled Their Productivity Without Increasing Workload
Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi there - Elan here 😄

One of my favorite things to do is to revisit successful implementations to learn what worked so we can repeat that.

There’s so much we can learn from studying successful implementations, but often we forget to because it goes so smoothly. Raise your hand if you find yourself paying more attention to the AT RISK customers more than the HEALTHY ones.

So that’s why I want to start the GUIDEstory series.

As you know, GUIDEs are the best storytellers. At the end of a long day, they gather around a fire to recount the stories of the day.

Today we’re diving into how Boulevard, a customer experience platform, was able to reduce their onboarding time from 20 to 10 hours, double their productivity, and achieve record-breaking launch months.

I sat down with Will Patterson to discuss their secrets to success.

I am happy to share Boulevard’s GUIDEstory.

🔑 Key Takeaways

1️⃣ Assess and Recognize: Identifying inefficiencies and challenges in the onboarding process was key. He identified the current state of their onboarding experience and where they wanted to be in the future. In order to double his team’s productivity, he recognized that he needed to find an onboarding platform that could unite the current disjointed experience.

2️⃣ Conduct Regular Tiger Team Meetings: Before jumping into a single demo, Will implemented weekly meetings with key stakeholders like the Onboarding Team Leads to discuss concerns and pain points. He shared when you involve stakeholders sooner, they’re more likely to use the tool they helped purchase because they feel like they are a part of the change instead of the change being thrown on them.

3️⃣ Make your wishlist: Will and team defined their must-haves and nice-to-haves. They wanted a partner that integrated with their existing tech stack, helped teams work better together, provide an easy to use customer experience, increase transparency and GUIDE them to better efficiency. After researching many customer onboarding tools, GUIDEcx was the clear winner.

4️⃣ Empower Your Team: Once onboarding started, Will required that everyone completed the online and instructor-led courses. This move stoked the onboarding team’s excitement so much that they couldn’t wait to go Live with GUIDEcx.
5️⃣ Establish a Feedback Loop: Will shared a document to capture questions from the team. He would answer them in a weekly AMA (Ask Me Anything) session. This allowed him to identify what needed to be addressed.

Connect with Will in the Onboarding Network and feel free to ask him more questions about how he did it or reach out to your CSM/Guide at GUIDEcx.

If you want to share your GUIDEstory, sign up here.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!