Skip to main content

Did you know? You can create templates directly from your live projects!

Q: I just made several updates to the template(s) used in my live project.  I now want all the task changes I’ve made in this live project to be reflected back in the Template Library so future projects can leverage these updates.  Can I do that without manually recreating the changes in the original template?

A: YES! If you have created project P using templates A,B, and C, and you have made updates to templates A, B, and C in project P while it is in flight, you can write back any/all of these templates back to your template library:

1. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your project & select EDIT TEMPLATES
  2. The TEMPLATE INFO drawer will open where you’ll see a “Create template” link.
  3. Click on that link to create a copy of this project plan template back into your Template Library
  4. You will be prompted to give this written back template a new name, for example: A_v2
  5. Repeat for as many templates in this project that you’d like to write back by scrolling further down in the same Template Info drawer.  For example, if you have 3 templates in use in this project, you will find 3 places in this drawer where you can click on the “Create template” link!

Hope this helps!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!