Skip to main content

With the View As feature enabled, the Team page for most projects now takes 2-3 minutes plus to load, versus being instantaneous with the feature turned off.

The fastest I have seen one load with the feature enabled is 28 seconds. Many take 2 to 3 minutes to load. They do eventually load, I haven’t gotten an error message.

Load times seem to be consistent for subsequent viewings of the team page. I will do more experimentation and share anything interesting I find.

@cmelancon Thanks for the feedback. These load times definitely will not persist. This is a good sanity check as we have been working on improving the performance of this beta. In fact, I observed a breakthrough last night that should drive dramatic acceleration. We will report back here once that update has been released. 

Hi @cmelancon (Chris), I hope you are doing well. I just posted on your other question so feel free to check that out when you get a moment. I read your post this morning and did some testing with another engineer about 2 hours ago within your environment. We didn’t create any new projects, but we did impersonate your user and clicked on a variety of projects to see if we could replicate the issue of the long load time. 

In our testing we were unable to replicate the issue. We did a query in the database to find the project with the most tasks and the project with the most users added to it and in both cases when we loaded the project and clicked on the Team tab it loaded almost instantaneously. What you are experiencing certainly isn’t expected behavior or an acceptable user experience. I am actually a little surprised that they even load for you with them taking that long. I would almost expect it to error out completely. 

Right now we have a couple of options, we can wait for the code to be released that Chris mentioned in his previous comment and see if that resolves the issue for you. I am hopeful that will be case, but have a slight tinge of skepticism simply because we couldn’t replicate the issue when we were impersonating as you this morning. If you want to do that, you can turn off the feature flag in Labs for the time being until that code is released, then activate the feature again and try loading a project. 

The other option is that we schedule a time to jump on a call together and start to troubleshoot the issue ASAP. If you would like to do that you can schedule a time with me here: https://calendly.com/ccrossett/product-consultation  Either option is fine with me, I simply want to make sure you can reliably work in the product and perform your responsibilities without the headache of an inconsistent experience. 

Right now we have a couple of options, we can wait for the code to be released that Chris mentioned in his previous comment and see if that resolves the issue for you. I am hopeful that will be case, but have a slight tinge of skepticism simply because we couldn’t replicate the issue when we were impersonating as you this morning. If you want to do that, you can turn off the feature flag in Labs for the time being until that code is released, then activate the feature again and try loading a project. 

Hi @ccrossett - thank you for digging into this! I am fine leaving it off for now, and thought i had switched it off actually. I got back on to test it and check with a different browser since you were unable to replicate the issue, and I see the same behavior in Firefox as well. I’d never used GUIDEcx in Firefox before.

I used the network tab of the Inspect tool and I am seeing an API call that waits for 5 minutes before completing in both browsers. Rather than dump all that in the forum I will shoot you an email with more detail.

I just got a chance to start checking out this beta and wanted to check to see if the code mentioned above was released yet or not as I am experiencing extended load times as well, taking 26 - 90 seconds. 

Hi @EHill, thanks for trying out the beta. We have released some code to address a few bugs. However, we have one primary issue which relates to a data syncing error and that has been the culprit for a few different behaviors we are seeing. Our plan is for those code changes to be released this week and with that we are hoping to see a resolution these issues. As this is a Labs feature, your best option is to toggle the feature off and continue with your day to day workflows and then potentially try the feature again during a designated testing period where you aren’t impacting other team members. I will also post on here once that code has been pushed out. 

Hi @ccrossett Thanks for the speedy response. I have toggled it off for now and then will test further in the early AM since I start before the rest of the day. 

It also seems to be causing a glitch with removing a team member. With the feature turned on, when my team clicked on a member to remove them, it just spinned and spinned. Once I turned off the feature in Labs settings it worked. 

In our testing we were unable to replicate the issue. We did a query in the database to find the project with the most tasks and the project with the most users added to it and in both cases when we loaded the project and clicked on the Team tab it loaded almost instantaneously. What you are experiencing certainly isn’t expected behavior or an acceptable user experience. I am actually a little surprised that they even load for you with them taking that long. I would almost expect it to error out completely. 

Hi @ccrossett - just a quick update here. I finally got a response from my IT team and it seems like one particular API call was being hung up in ZScaler. They added GUIDEcx as an exception and now my team pages load as fast as without the feature enabled, so I wanted to close the loop with you and let you know it was confirmed to be a problem on my end.

Chris

@cmelancon thanks for the update. We use Zscaler too and I will have our IT team look into this as well. 

@cmelancon thanks for the update. We use Zscaler too and I will have our IT team look into this as well. 

Thanks. If you use ZScaler too then this may be relevant: I believe what they ended up doing was excluding GUIDEcx from SSL inspection. The API call that was experiencing the timeout was to https://k2-web.guidecx.com/manager.core.teams.TeamService/Load